Every other year, the Census Bureau conducts the American Housing Survey. The most recent study finds that the two most popular reasons for choosing a certain neighborhood are how it’s laid out and its proximity to work.
What about you? What are your hot buttons? It helps both of us if you’re clear on what type of area best suits your lifestyle. This part of the process requires both soul-searching and sleuthing.
Here are a few considerations to help you create your neighborhood wish list:
- Are good schools or proximity to schools a priority?
- Is living closer to work important to you?
- Do you need a walkable neighborhood located within walking distance to shopping and other conveniences?
- Do you prefer a lively family-type neighborhood or a more sedate, private environment?
- What don’t you like about where you currently live?
That last question is especially good when you’re stuck for ideas. Sometimes knowing what you don’t want in a neighborhoo